Released: 20 September 2017
- Fix for Akka 2.5 dispatcher instrumentation for ForkJoinPool
Released: 18 September 2017
- Add agentmain so that the Cinnamon agent can be loaded programmatically.
Released: 24 August 2017
- Akka HTTP instrumentation for client and server metrics.
- Akka HTTP request tracing with OpenTracing integration and MDC propagation.
- Metrics for Akka routers.
- Add Scala Future naming API for traceable Futures.
- Instrument Akka system messages for context propagation (MDC, OpenTracing).
- Allow host and application identifiers to be configured for all backends.
- Access to active span in OpenTracing for logging and attaching baggage.
- The Spans extension has been renamed to Stopwatch.
- sbt-cinnamon plugin is cross-built for sbt 1.0 and sbt 0.13.
Released: 25 July 2017
- Fix for Akka cluster singleton instrumentation on Scala 2.12.
Released: 20 June 2017
- Fix for empty dispatcher tags in actor metric metadata during lazy executor service initialization.
Released: 08 June 2017
- sbt-cinnamon — The Cinnamon sbt plugin is now compatible with sbt-native-packager version 1.2.x as well as 1.1.x and 1.0.x
Released: 01 May 2017
- OpenTracing integration with support for Jaeger and Zipkin.
- OpsClarity module with DogStatsD reporting.
- Support SLF4J MDC for Akka Cluster Sharding, Cluster Singleton and Cluster Client when used with Akka 2.4.18 or higher.
- Events for all started shard regions.
- Metrics for delivered messages by shard regions.
Released: 01 April 2017
- Increase start timeout for Grafana sandbox bundle.
Released: 15 March 2017
- Official Datadog integration.
- Events for Split Brain Resolver if the Akka Split Brain Resolver is enabled.
- Events for all started singletons in a cluster.
- Support tags in developer API for custom metrics.
- Support metric hints for per-metric configuration in backends.
- Add integration for HDR histogram reservoirs to Coda Hale Metrics.
- Support trace spans across remote actors.
- Support trace spans within Scala Futures.
- Add authentication options to Elasticsearch reporter.
Released: 24 February 2017
- Fix for dispatcher metrics dashboard in sandbox.
- Fix for possible interaction with other instrumentation agents.
- Fix for metric cleanup when stopping actors.
Released: 17 February 2017
- Add CinnamonAgentOnly plugin that doesn’t add resolvers
Released: 19 January 2017
- Fix for partial metrics from Akka actor routers.
- Fix for Akka Remote quarantine instrumentation.
Released: 13 January 2017
- Support ConductR 2.0 sandbox.
Released: 05 January 2017
- Support Akka on Scala 2.12.
- Initial telemetry for Akka Remote and Akka Cluster.
- Support new Akka remoting (Artery).
- Initial instrumentation of Scala Futures (currently used for MDC propagation).
- MDC propagation for Actors, Remote Actors, and Scala Futures.
- Support logged events with the SLF4J event backend.
- Improved support for Datadog and DogStatsD.
- Developer API for application-specific custom metrics.
Released: 10 December 2016
- Backported support for configuring Coda Hale Metrics metric keys.
Released: 24 November 2016
- Backported support for Akka on Scala 2.12.
Released: 22 October 2016
- Sandbox environment for testing telemetry during development, based on ConductR sandbox.
- Elasticsearch event backend, based on Contrail, and Elasticsearch reporter for metrics.
- Akka dispatcher metrics — includes thread pool metrics, and queue and processing time metrics.
- Improvement for running Cinnamon agent with classloader hierarchies in servlet containers.
- Lightbend Telemetry documentation is now published under Lightbend Tech Hub.
Released: 9 June 2016
- Cinnamon Agent — Cinnamon now uses a Java agent to apply instrumentation.
- Lagom circuit breakers are instrumented.
- Coda Hale Metrics metric keys include actor system and dispatcher. See the StatsD wire format as an example.