Akka Management is a suite of tools for operating Akka Clusters.
Akka Management consists of multiple modules:
- akka-management is the base module that provides an extensible HTTP management endpoint for Akka management tools.
- akka-discovery is a suite of modules that provides a general service discovery API with implementations based on DNS, kubernetes, consul, and others.
- akka-cluster-bootstrap helps bootstrapping an Akka cluster using service discovery.
- akka-management-cluster-http is a module that provides HTTP endpoints for introspecting and managing Akka clusters.
- Akka’s built-in JMX management support provides JMX MBeans for cluster management.
You don’t have to use all the modules but if you do here’s how these modules work together:
This project does not yet have to obey the rule of staying binary compatible between releases that is common for Akka libraries. Breaking API changes may be introduced without notice as we refine and simplify based on your feedback.
Akka Management is currently Incubating. The Lightbend subscription does not yet cover support for this project.