Grafana’s home page can display cluster, workload, or monitor graphs. The page opens in a new browser tab using the context from which it was opened:
- View a cluster’s graphs by clicking on the Grafana icon from the Cluster page.
- View a workload’s graphs by clicking on the Grafana icon from a Workload page.
- View a monitor’s graphs by clicking on the Grafana icon from a Monitor page.
Click HOME to open a menu of available dashboards:
For a workload, the Grafana dashboard includes three sections of graphs:
- Metrics that are being monitored for the current workload.
- Default metrics for each service type of the current workload.
- Kubernetes and infrastructure metrics applicable to any workload type.
The workload shown as an example contains a number of monitors each of which are based on a metric. The Monitored Metrics section has one graph for each metric.
The Service Type Metrics section contains a curated collection of graphs for each service type in the current workload. This example shows an Akka service type.
Metrics of general interest show up in this section.