Lightbend Telemetry provides pre-defined dashboards for Grafana, a leading open source software time series analytics.
Grafana integrates with several time-series databases, e.g. Prometheus, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, etc.
This section describes how to download, install, and use the dashboards in Grafana.
Lightbend Telemetry provides several predefined dashboard templates including:
- Actor metrics : miscellaneous metrics for actors
- Events : actor events, e.g. dead letters, unhandled messages
- Stopwatch metrics: information about Stopwatches that have been programmatically added
- JVM information : heap and garbage collection information
- Akka HTTP server metrics.
- and many more.
Note: The dashboards have been tested with Grafana v4 and v5.
Below you can see the actors and dispatchers dashboard:
The simplest way to get started with Grafana is to use the Grafana Docker image.
Once Grafana is started you should be able to login (default
admin), and define datasource so Grafana.
Lightbend Telemetry provides dashboards for three different time-series databases; Prometheus, Elasticsearch, and Graphite. Please follow the links below for how how to configure them:
Note: The data source must be correctly named for the templates to work.
- Prometheus - data source name to use:
- Elasticsearch - data source name to use:
- Graphite - data source name to use:
With Grafana running, a defined data source, and imported dashboards it is time to run the application, have it configured to export into the time-series database of choice, and the graphs will be populated with data points.