Migration Guide: Migration guide for Lightbend Telemetry 2.14
This release of Lightbend Telemetry adds support for:
When MDC propagation and OpenTracing integration are enabled, OpenTracing contexts are automatically propagated for Alpakka Kafka producers and consumers. The Alpakka Kafka configuration section of the documentation also details how to enable recording of traces across these boundaries.
This release provides new metrics for the ask request-response pattern used in Akka and Lagom, including metrics for: number of Asked, failed and expired requests and response times for successful and late responses. The ask pattern documentation details how to configure your application to report these metrics.
This release provides new metrics for read-side operations in Lagom, including metrics for: processing time and latency, query latency, and number of event processing successes and failures. The Lagom projection documentation details how to configure your application to report these metrics.
With Akka 2.6.6, split brain resolver has become part of the open source release. This Telemetry release includes support for emitting events from the open source split brain resolver, seen here in the documentation.
Released: 08 July 2020
- Create a set of multi-dimensional metrics once the new dimension value has been observed including Akka Persistence metrics by command or event type and Ask pattern metrics by message type.
- Fix for Lagom Projection instrumentation NPE when it’s disabled.
- Fix for Cinnamon preventing actor system shutdown.
- Added config parameters to disable internal span generation that can conflict with some OpenTracing bridges (e.g., Elastic APM OpenTracing bridge).
- Added support for Akka HTTP 10.2.0-RC1.
Released: 23 June 2020
- Fix for the Akka 2.6.5 EntityRef ask pattern instrumentation.
- Added suppress-call-site-warning setting to allow muting the warning about potential call-site lookups in Akka stream configurations.
Released: 09 June 2020
- Add instrumentation for Alpakka Kafka with OpenTracing integration and MDC propagation.
- Add instrumentation for the Akka ask pattern.
- Add instrumentation for Lagom projections.
- Akka streams can now be included and excluded by name (e.g.,
includes = "name:my-stream").
- Akka persistence shards can now be included using the
- Generate warnings if new style Lightbend Bintray access is not configured for sbt projects.
- Added support for Akka HTTP 10.2.0-M1
- Add a configurable limit for backfill in sampled recorders.
- Upgraded OpenTracing dependencies to version 0.32
- Upgraded Datadog OpenTracing dependencies to version 0.43
- Upgraded Jaeger dependencies to version 0.35.5
- Fix the false warning: “Could not start Prometheus HTTP server”.
- Fix the issue with the stash size metric reports a negative value for a classic persistent actor (that has two internal stashes) or any actor implementation that has more than one stash.
- Fix for the JoinSeedNodeProcess instrumentation since Akka 2.6.2
- Fix Akka HTTP instrumentation bug causing premature outgoing connection closure in some cases.
- Fix for Akka Dispatchers Prometheus Grafana dashboard filters. Make the server and actorSystem filters work even when no actor is selected for actor metrics.
- Fix for the possible NPE when StatsDReporter is stopped more than once.
- Fix for the service response time metric for Akka Http 10.1.10 and greater.
- Fix for the Shard Region instrumentation bug discovered for the Sharded Daemon Process implementation.
- Fix: Don’t backfill sampled recorders when the previous value is zero.